Why is Dover sole so celebrated in gastronomic circles? Because it tastes blummin’ marvellous, that’s why. Mild, buttery, sweet as a nut. But as with all fish it has to be super-fresh. We supply many top establishments so you won’t find better sole anywhere. We skin, trim and dispatch fish the day they arrive. All you have to do is toss in flour and fry in butter for a classic Sole Meuniere, or throw under the grill for less calories. Enjoy.
x 2 Soles
RECIPE FOR BBQ’D DOVER SOLE:
- One hour before cooking, remove your fish from the fridge and firmly pat the fish dry to remove as much surface moisture as possible. This will stop it sticking to the grill bars and help give it a lovely golden crust.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC and your BBQ on to full heat.
- Lightly dust your fish with the flour and pat off the excess. Season lightly with the sea salt and black pepper.
- Gently lay the fish onto the grill and leave for one minute on each side. Place onto a lightly buttered oven tray and finish cooking in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, straight on to a serving dish and top with the wild garlic, rosemary and salted anchovy butter and wedges of lemon.
- (By marking the fish on a high heat you will get a smoky chargrilled flavour and you can gently finish cooking the fish in the oven. If you cook the fish completely on the grill it can become tough, dried out and will burn the skin.)