Meet your new favourite summer cocktail: The Londissimo!
Inspired by the roots of the Stellacello Amaro; London Terroir combined with Italian Heritage. The ‘Americano’ was conceived as American revellers discovered the joys of Italian food and drink, but found some flavours too bitter for their sensitive palates. Espressos were served long with hot water, and Negronis were similarly diluted but with soda water (and no gin!).
The Londissimo takes inspiration from this, but pulls it firmly into England’s capital. The flavours of our beloved city, found in Amaro London, are matched with Bolney Estate’s English Vermouth, which is the perfect complement to the bitter and herbal flavours of the Amaro.
This kit includes:
- Stellacello Amaro London 500ml
- Bolney Estate’s English Vermouth 750ml
- Artisan Lemonade x4
- A punnet of fresh English strawberries to garnish
For the perfect Londissimo:
- Fill a Collins glass to the top with ice
- Pour over 40ml each of Amaro and Vermouth
- Top with lemonade until half a finger’s width from the top, then gently stir once with a spoon from bottom to top
- Garnish with half of a British strawberry
- Sip and enjoy!