45-Day Aged ChateaubriandCode: J5204
One of the most revered cuts of beef, the Chateaubriand is the centre cut of the tenderloin. Ours are procured from the finest Scottish cattle and the steaks are dry-aged for 45 days, which deepens the flavour and increases the tenderness. A true favourite among connoisseurs.
This wonderful cut makes for the perfect fancy dinner in. Bring the restaurant experience to your home using our chefs special recipe below…
Goes well with:
- Take the Chateaubriand out of the fridge and remove packaging 1 hour before cooking
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan with 1 tbsp sunflower oil and 75g/3oz butter. When bubbling, add the beef and seal all sides until browned, basting as you go
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes for rare, 10-15 minutes for medium, or 15-20 minutes for well done
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes. As tempting as it may be, do not skip this step!
(Chef’s tip! Use the steak’s juices to pan fry vine cherry tomatoes & purple sprouting broccoli. This is also great for oven roasted shallots)