H. Forman & Son Smoked Salmon Carving Kit
||800g Wild Scottish Gift Set
||1.2kg London Cure Gift Set
- How to carve a whole, untrimmed side of smoked salmon
1. Gripping the fin under the collar bone with one hand, cut off the fin and bone and discard.
2. From the top down to the tail, trim along both edges of the salmon, working around the fin.
3. Guide the smoked salmon knife tightly under the rib cage and remove all the bones.
4. Trim all the outer layer from the tail to the head.
5. Run your fingers along the middle of the fish to feel for the pin bones, remove them using pliers, pulling in the direction they protude to prevent breakage.
6. Slice the salmon laterally using a smooth sawing action from head to tail, ensuring the knife is very sharp for thinner slices.
The outer layer trimmings from Step 4 are perfect blitzed for use in pates.
Fridge: Salmon will have a minimum of 14 days shelf life.