Genuine Wild Smoked Scottish Salmon
||Sliced - 200g Sves 2-3
||Sliced - 400g Sves 4-6
||Sliced side - 600g Sves 6-8
||Sliced side - 900g Sves 12-14
||Unsliced - 800g Sves 8-10
||Unsliced - 1.2kg Sves 12-14
>Order by 10am for next day delivery>Smoked Scottish salmon is H. Forman & Son’s speciality. Wild salmon has extra flavour because it has a natural diet and swims freely in the open ocean before returning to its native river. The flavour is gamey and the texture creamy. The texture is creamy and melt in the mouth with a complex, deep flavour enhanced by just a hint of pure oak smoke. This is the rare treat that smoked salmon always used to be. As served by Marco Pierre White, among other leading chefs. Unsliced sides are delivered completely untrimmed.
Watch a video of a day in the life of our smokery here - http://www.formanandfield.com/blog/2010/10/27/smoked-salmon-video-a-day-in-the-life-of-h-forman-son/
- Our sliced packs of smoked salmon are ready to serve, if you have purchased an unsliced side you will need a sharp knife with a long, flexible blade and a set of small pliers to remove the pin bones. We sell both here online.
How to carve a whole, unsliced side of smoked salmon
1. Gripping the fin under the collar bone with one hand, cut off the fin and bone and discard.
2. From the top down to the tail, trim along both edges of the salmon, working around the fin.
3. Guide the smoked salmon knife tightly under the rib cage and remove all the bones.
4. Trim all the outer layer from the tail to the head.
5. Run your fingers along the middle of the fish to feel for the pin bones, remove them using pliers, pulling in the direction they protude to prevent breakage.
6. Slice the salmon laterally using a smooth sawing action from head to tail, ensuring the knife is very sharp for thinner slices.
The outer layer trimmings from Step 4 are perfect blitzed for use in pates.
Fridge: Min 14 days, unopened
Freezer: 3 months
- B1022: Rock salt, oak smoke
B1020: Rock salt, oak smoke
B1023: Rock salt, oak smoke
B1021: Rock salt, oak smoke
B1013: Rock salt, oak smoke