Much as we all love to dine out, there is still nothing that can beat the warmth of a meal shared with friends at home on a cold, crisp winter’s night. The atmosphere is relaxed, the comfort greater and the conversation a little less restrained as a result.
The great myth that dining in is a chore conveniently forgets the hassles and cost of babysitters, taxis, tipping, booking and those petty squabbles over the bill. Dining in is a pleasure, and our range of complete menu deals and fine selection of gourmet ready-prepared meals make it easier than ever. With top-quality meals delivered directly to you, all you actually have to worry about is providing conversation as memorable as the food itself.
At the best dinner parties the conversation should sparkle like the wine and flow just as freely.
May we suggest…
With our complete gourmet meals delivered, you can dine in with style and convenience. May we suggest a menu for four that will tantalise the taste buds and allow four people to wine and dine in style for less than £14 a head. Enjoy the finest gourmet food delivery in London and treat your guests to this wonderful, warming winter’s feast.
- Broccoli, Stilton and Chervil Soup will take the chill out of the coldest nights
- The home comforts continue with our exceptional Fish Pies, brimming with fresh Dover Sole, salmon, smoked haddock, mussels and prawns nestling in a veloute cream sauce.
- A glass or two of the award-winning British Ortega white wine from the Biddenden vineyards in Kent should help the conversation to flow
- Traditional Bread and Butter Pudding laced with Bailey’s will leave a satisfied glow around the table.
At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely.
W Somerset Maugham
Create your own
With a selection of special starters, mouth-watering mains, delicious desserts and fine wines to choose from, you are warmly invited to create your own seasonal menu. When you order food online from our selection of dinner party favourites, you can opt for:
- Starters such as our innovative Tartare Shots
- Mains like the succulent Three Bird Roast
- Sweet treats ranging from the impossibly light Valrhona Chocolate & Salted Caramel Parfait to our deliciously decadent Petits Fours
There are plenty more dinner party menu ideas just waiting to inspire you to host a stylish meal at home.
After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.
Forget the guests
Of course with Valentine’s night fast approaching your next special meal at home may not require any extra guests. For the incurable romantics a meal at home can work its magic just as well as a romantic night out. For lovers this year we suggest you say it with seafood. Succulent scallops with a sexy, citrusy dressing help set the mood. Delectable Plaice Parcels stuffed with a heavenly lobster and salmon mousse and served with a creamy lobster sauce help up the ante. Finally, smooth, seductive macaroons will seal the deal. Irresistible.
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.
Why not treat yourself to a meal in this February, however many guests there may or may not be?